Using Email Kung Fu to Build Repeat BusinessJanuary 23, 2013
After abandonment (people leaving in the middle of the shopping or purchasing process), the biggest problem for e-commerce is getting users back to buy again — in other words, generating repeat business.
It’s also a given that an opt-in email address is golden — when a user registers on your site and you can send them promotions, they’re much more likely to buy again.
You can conquer both of these with a little email kung fu, using storeBlox CS email customization to offer incentives for registration.
- Log in to your storeBlox CS webBlox dashboard
- Under Content Administration, select Email Notifications
- Edit the User Registration template
- Add a one-time discount code, e.g. “Thank you for registering! To receive a discount on your next order, enter this code during checkout!”
You can use this two ways:
- Offer a benefit for registering – Splash an ad on the homepage using our handy banner manager (tutorial here) that offers a discount for registering, and link it to the registration form. You’ll have an opt-in email address and registered user.
- Surprise bonus – Added to the order confirmation or registration template, a discount code (tutorial here) for the user’s next order is a fabulous way to get that customer back and ordering again!
Soon, we’ll be adding the capability to send one-time emails only after the first order, for even better customization.