Blog: company store
2020 may be a year to forget in many ways, but we’ve been plugging away at some big changes for 2021 that we’re excited to show you very soon. In the meantime, we’re happy to announce that storeBlox CS now supports ShipStation!
Yep, in addition to the roughly six-bajillion shipping options (we might be exaggerating that number, please don’t call your lawyer) currently available in storeBlox CS, you can now integrate directly with ShipStation!
ShipStation is a nifty service for shipping at best available rates, printing shipping labels, tracking shipments and a whole lot more. When you plug in ShipStation to your storeBlox CS company store (and it’s super easy, just see below), your storeBlox CS orders are pushed into ShipStation; when you ship orders the tracking information is synchronized with your storeBlox CS store automatically.
A few fields is all you need to get set up, but as always we’re here to help you through the process. Just drop us a line or give us a shout at 512-867-1001 and we’ll get you set up. Need to learn more about setting up your shipping options? Check out our Video Learning Center for walkthroughs and tips.
storeBlox CS has always lead the way in flexibility with third-party tools like analytics and advertising networks. Through custom code injection – or embedded code – you can plug just about anything into your store for tracking, slicing, dicing or whatever you desire.
Until now, there were only one or two places that you couldn’t drop a code snippet into your store, but we’ve fixed that. For those of you who need to drop in things like chat software that require special positioning in the code, storeBlox now has you covered with every possible insertion point.
If you’re looking for live chat options, there are quite a few of them out there, from Olark to Intercom to Freshchat. Any of them can easily be enabled on your store with these new embed options. Don’t want to mess with it yourself? Just give us a shout and we’ll be happy to take care of it for you!
The latest release of storeBlox includes numerous bug fixes and improvements, including:
- Color and size are now available in the Transaction Detail Report
- Numerous improvements to order display and listing
- To help with thorny freight calculation issues that sometimes occur with third-party shipping quotes, we’ve added additional logging to quickly triangulate the source of the problem.
Among a number of small improvements and fixes in our first storeBlox CS release of 2019, we also launched Group-based shipping methods. storeBlox has Group functionality baked deep into the system, and it’s a great feature for variety of situations:
- Assigning product access to groups: For example, your store can be set up so managers can see everything, while other users see only specific categories or products. This can be helpful if managers have access to free products, literature or other items that other users shouldn’t be able to view. You can even set up groups with their own landing pages and banners, creating Micro Stores.
- Payment by group: Often, a store may make certain payment methods (like departmental budgets) only available to certain users. Group payment methods let you assign available payment methods to specific groups, and Group Approvers enables you to have an approver review and approve all the orders for a specific group.
There’s a lot more to Groups, so drop us a line if you need help understanding how to set them up and manage them. This month, we added Group-based shipping methods, which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – you can now control access to any shipping method by group:
This extends the capability to control available shipping methods to Groups. For example, if your managers have access to free shipping or local delivery, but other users need to use only FedEx or UPS, you can now assign any shipping method by group!
The latest release also brings additions to your Order Export, and a we’ve added the ability to opt out of Loyalty Marketing emails during registration and account editing. This is separate from general opt out of marketing emails.
As always, if you have any questions about setting things up or just need a custom demo or help selling, just give us a shout!